Salmon has always been a popular fish, and it’s a super food!
- High in vitamin D, which is important for healthy bones. Vitamin D may aid in weight loss and may also lesson symptoms of depression.
- Salmon is high in Omega-3 fatty acids which may help lower cholesterol.
- Salmon contains vitamins A and B
- Salmon contains minerals iron and calcium
- Buy wild salmon, not farm raised if possible.
Here is a great salmon teriyaki recipe:
4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
2 zucchini, sliced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
6 scallions, chopped
Low-sodium teriyaki sauce
Marinate salmon in teriyaki sauce for twenty minutes. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add salmon to skillet, and cook 5 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and keep warm. Add pepper, scallions, and zucchini with 3 teaspoons of canola oil. Sautee until lightly browned. Serve with salmon. Serves 4.