Part two, or the side dish, to tonight’s awesome Portabella “pizza” (click here for that recipe) was the amazing Brussels Sprouts dish I made. Now, if it were up to me, I would eat this each and everyday of my life. But, it is kind of the unhealthy-healthy dish. Meaning, it isn’t bad for you, but it isn’t AMAZING for you… that being said, it is damn tasty.
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Cut the brussels sprouts in half and lay them on a baking pan
- Slice the pancetta into small pieces (about 1/2 inch) and lay it on the baking pan
- Add olive oil, salt and pepper to taste and toss all of the ingredients together
- Cook for 20 minutes and toss then cook for ten more minutes
- If you are using regular balsamic vinegar (what I used), then you will need to boil it down. So, take 1/4-1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar and place it in a sauce pan on medium to high heat.
- Stir it until it gets slightly syrupy. It can burn VERY EASILY, so the moment it gets to where you it has been reduced (check the consistency of the image above) to about half, take it off the heat and either transfer it to a bowl or if the sprouts are done…
- Drizzle the brussels sprouts with the balsamic vinegar reduction immediately and toss one more time.
- Eat up
So, if you put the Portabella “Pizza” together along with this, you have yourself quite the meal.