Why is this great fruit so good for you?
- Grapefruits are very low in calories, since they are made up of mostly water.
- Grapefruits are high in vitamin A.
- Grapefruits are a good source of protein. Eating half a grapefruit before a meal may help you eat less.
- Grapefruit may help lower insulin levels.
- Grapefruit is a good source of potassium.
Check out this great green smoothie recipe:
2 cups water
Juice from 1/2 a lemon
2 cups of kale
1 cup of mango cubes
Blend water and kale. Add other ingredients and blend. Serves 2.