Blueberries are my sunshine on a rainy day. A small bowl of them is a perfect snack and each one is like a sweet surprise to my taste buds (did that go too far?). To know that they are an incredibly healthy and nutrition snack seems almost too good to be true.
More reasons they make me smile:
– Blueberries are jam packed with anti-oxidants which can boost your immune system and prevent infections.
– Anthocyanidins – which is responsible for the berrie’s blue/red hue is a class of antioxidant phytonutrients. These prevent LLD (bad) cholesteral which can oxidize and form hard plaque on the artery wall.
– Studies show that blueberry rich diets can seriously improve motor skills of older animals
– Only 80 calories per cup and almost no fat
– One handful can fulfill your daily fiber intake
A fun little blueberry recipe
1 cup dried blueberries
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup thin pretzels, broken
1 cup granola
What do I do with it?
Mix it up! Store it in an airtight container and eat it!