Why it’s a super food:
- Asparagus is high in fiber.
- Asparagus is high in vitamins A, B, C and K.
- Asparagus contains tryptophan which is an essential amino acid.
- Asparagus is rich in other nutrients including calcium, magnesium, iron and zinc!
- One spear of asparagus has only four calories!
Here’s a great roasted asparagus recipe!
1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus
1-2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Remove base of asparagus. Toss asparagus with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper, and place in a baking pan. Roast 10-15 minutes until asparagus is crisp/tender. Rotate once halfway through roasting. Serves 6.