LOVE Spelt. Most don’t know, but spelt is one of the very first grains in human history and was used in ancient Greek and Roman civilizations.
But, why we love it:
-Spelt has far more protein and fiber than wheat coming in at a whopping 10.7 grams of Protein and 7.6 grams of fiber in a cup of cooked spelt.
– It has been been shown to help prevent cancer, cardiovascular disease,diabetes and obesity
– Said to be easier to digest than wheat
DELISH Vegan Spelt Recipe:
Vegan Spelt Banana Bread. Yummmm…
- 3 bananas (ripe)
- 12 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsps canola oil
- 1 12 cups spelt flour
- 1 12 tsps baking soda
- 14 tsp salt
- 34 cup pecans
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Oil a loaf pan.
- In a bowl, mash bananas and mix in the maple syrup, canola oil, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl sift the dry ingredients together, adding the nuts last.
- Blend the wet and dry mixtures and pour into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 42 minutes.