FJ’s Crystal, Mindy (Crystal’s gf and all around awesome human being) and I decided to surprise our friend Lindsey today by taking her 60 minute class. She was totally stoked and the class was awesome. Her music was great and the class was tough, I hit a 347 which I was pretty happy with. It was one of the first classes in as long as I can remember that I literally thought I might throw up after. Now, that may be because I haven’t been feeling 100% or because the AC wasn’t working (YEA BIKRAM SPIN!)… or because Lind’s class was hard as shit, but regardless I was toast post class.
That being said, I made an AWESOME Acai bowl for breakfast – who knew it was so easy to make. I literally threw in a Sambazon Acai smoothie pack in, added banana, 4 oz of almond milk and some frozen blueberries and I was done. When I poured it in the bowl, I added some chia seeds and granola and it was like magic in a bowl. Seriously, almost like having ice cream for breakfast… but better. You must try.
But, the even more delish satiating meal came last night when I made a chicken lime soup. I mean seriously delicious.
It is amazing how perfectly filling a soup with chicken and veggies can be.
- Chop onions, celery and garlic
- Heat 2TB of olive oil in pan and add chopped veggies
- Stir for 3-5 minutes till veggies start to get soft
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth and chicken and bring to a boil
- Once boiling take the heat down till the soup simmers and cover it.
- Leave it for one hour
- Carefully take out the chicken and separate it with two forks
- Put the chicken back in
- Squeeze one full lime’s juice in the soup
- Dice up on avocado and place in bowls you will serve the soup in
- Add Basil or Cilantro and salt/pepper to tast
- Serve that delish soup up
I would LOVE to see what you’re making and hear in the comments below if you’ve made any of these recipes and if you’re enjoying them.
Huge hugs and see you later this wk.