HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
So, due to many awesome changes going on in my life, I will be cooking a LOT LOT LOT more from here on out. This is something that I am incredibly excited about and I have found Pinterest which has become such an amazing resource for recipes and how to’s for cooking. I mean, I always enjoyed checking Pinterest out here and there, but now I see just how incredible and useful it really can be. Just amazing. I’m able to find incredible and healthy recipes and try them or toy with them and make them my own. Just awesome.
So, this evening, I made portabella mushroom “pizzas” and a side dish of pancetta brussels sprouts in a balsamic reduction (click here for that recipe)! YUUMMMYY!!!
Portabella Mushroom Pizza
- Preheat oven to 400
- Heat up 1.5-table spoons of olive oil in pan
- Once hot add chopped onions till they brown
- Once browned, add the tomatoes, garlic and leeks and cook until the tomatoes get soft
- Add a little salt & pepper for a little added taste
- Add the chopped basil and stir it together
- Take mushrooms – bottom side up – and put them on a baking dish pre-sprayed with olive oil
- Scoop your cooked veggies into/onto the mushrooms
- Top with grated parmesan and cook for 12 minutes
When finished, top with chopped parsley
PERFECTION! Now make sure to pair this with the incredible pancetta brussels sprouts with a balsamic reduction and you have the PERFECT meal!