Last week I talked about my intentions for the new year. So, I figured the best way to hold myself accountable for 2014 is to write out and post what I want to accomplish for my health and fitness goals. Here they are, with a description of why I chose them.
1. Climb Camelback Mountain. I can see it from my window as I write this, and the weather has finally cooled down where the top of the mountain is calling my name.
2. Use up the Orange Theory Fitness classes I bought in 2013. I’ve never not finished out a class pack, and I’m not starting now!
3. Train for a 10K. I haven’t done a race since 2012, and I want to start building up some medium distance endurance again.
4. Swim once a week. I am not a strong swimmer and I want to build up my swimming in time for the hot weather coming up in the summer so I have a good workout plan in place for when it’s 115 degrees.
5. Go to yoga more regularly. Right now I’ve been going to yoga on Sunday mornings, but I would like to take class twice a week. I feel so good every time I leave class, I should let myself experience it more often!
6. Finish my Precision Nutrition certification. I started the Precision Nutrition course towards the end of this year, and am about halfway through. I can’t wait to say I am done and certified!
7. Eat vegetarian 3 days per week. Although I am not ready to give up meat entirely, I do think cutting back will benefit me quite a bit!
I’ll keep you updated as I work through this list.
Happy New Year everyone!